Built in 1875, Immanuel Lutheran was the first church organized in the area that would later become the city of Pflugerville. In 1910, the original wooden structure was replaced with a brick building. A fire in 1928 destroyed this building, and the present day church was built in 1929. Immediately next to the church is the cemetery which contains some of the oldest graves in the area. Many of the headstones are engraved in German reflecting the heritage of the settlers who established the city.