The Santa Maria Cemetery is located across from Pflugerville High School on 1825 (Pecan Street). It is designated as a Historic Texas Cemetery by the Texas Historical Commission. The cemetery was established in 1924 for the burgeoning Mexican-American population of Pflugerville and originally named San Camilo for the first person buried there, Camilo Mercado. It was renamed Santa Maria in 1965. Some of the family names of those buried here include: Guajardo, Mercado, Ruiz, Reyes, Ramos, and Correa.